Blessen C. Eapen
The only review book currently available in this complex field, Spinal Cord Injury: Board Review focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and management of traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injuries and dysfunction. Focused, high-yield content prepares you for success on exams and in practice, with up-to-date coverage of related injury assessment and management, acute and preventive medical care, common complications, physical, psychological, and vocational disabilities and complications—all equipping you to work as part of an interdisciplinary team with patients of all ages on a lifelong basis. Edited and written by seasoned authors and physicians in PM&R, this unique review tool is ideal for residents, fellows, and practitioners studying or working in the field and preparing to take the spinal cord injury medicine exam.
- Supports self-assessment and review with 200+ board-style questions and explanations.
- Includes questions on patient management including patient evaluation and diagnosis, prognosis/risk factors, and applied science.
- Features chapters dedicated to key topics such as anatomy and imaging of the spinal cord; sexual and reproductive health; pressure injuries; pain management; and nutrition, endocrine and immune function in spinal cord injury and dysfunction.
- Covers all aspects of rehabilitation in spinal cord injury medicine including functional assessment, exercise and modalities, mobility, ADLs, speech, communication and swallowing.
- Ensures efficient, effective review with content written by experts in physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, psychiatry and psychology and a format that mirrors the sub-specialty board exam outline.
- Contains references to primary literature that support the answers provided.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Note: Only Internal Medicine member can download this ebook. Learn more here!