Samy A Azer MB BCh MSc Medicine PhD (Syd) MEd (NSW) FACG MPH (NSW)
This useful new book enables students to apply the theoretical knowledge gained in their medicine classes to clinical cases.
Students will improve their diagnostic skills as they are taken simply and logically through the steps of generating a differential diagnosis, weighing up evidence to refine a hypothesis, and constructing a management plan. Author Samy Azer guides readers to use self-directed learning to identify their learning needs and ultimately develop a deeper understanding of internal medicine.
Designed to complement and enhance recommended undergraduate medicine textbooks, this book is easy to follow and written simply, making it suitable for students who speak English as a second language.
- More than 50 clinical cases, covering the core undergraduate medicine curriculum
- Case discussions using a logical and scientific approach to help students achieve their own diagnoses
- Model answers for comparison, to improve learning outcomes
- Summary of fundamental points for examination revision
- Useful up-to-date resources
- Short-answer and multiple-choice questions to test knowledge
- Diagrams and tables to deepen understanding and consolidate essential concepts
- Includes an Enhanced eBook version with purchase. The enhanced eBook allows the end user to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
Note: Only Internal Medicine member can download this ebook. Learn more here!