by Cynthia Cooper
Perfect for hand therapy specialists, hand therapy students, and any other professional who encounters clients with upper extremity issues, Fundamentals of Hand Therapy, 2nd Edition contains everything you need to make sound therapy decisions. Coverage includes hand anatomy, the evaluation process, and diagnosis-specific information. Expert tips, treatment guidelines, and case studies round out this comprehensive text designed to help you think critically about each client’s individual needs.
• Clinical Pearls and Precautions highlight relevant information learned by the experienced author and contributors that you can apply to clinical practice.
• Case examples included in the diagnoses chapters in Part Three demonstrate the use of clinical reasoning and a humanistic approach in treating the client.
• Diagnosis-specific information in the final section of the book is well-organized to give you quick access to the information you need.
• Special features sections such as Questions to Discuss with the Physician, What to Say to Clients, Tips from the Field, and more help readers find their own clinical voices.
• Online sample exercises give you a pool to pull from during professional practice.
• NEW! Chapters on yoga and pilates provide guidance into new ways to treat upper extremity problems.
• NEW! Chapter on wound care gives you a thorough foundation on how wounds impact therapeutic outcomes.
• NEW! Chapter on orthotics has been added to cover basic splinting patterns.
• NEW! Online resources help assess your understanding and retention of the material.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!